condensed milk lemon meringue pie
Basic ingredients for condensed milk lemon meringue pie
- Crumb 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (170g),
- 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar,
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packaged
- 7 Tbsp butter (100g),
- salted or unsalted butter will also work
- Filling:2 14-oz cans of sweetened milk (792g),
- 5 large yolks,
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh prefer (236ml),
- Whipped Cream 1 Cup heavy cream (236ml),
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (44.1g)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make condensed milk lemon meringue pie
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Now Mix sugar and graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl. Stir in the melted butter until well combined.
- After this, Place the crumb mixture on a pie plate measuring 9.5 inches. Bake for 10 minutes at 350F (175C). Now the crust is baking, prepare the filling. If the crust has not finished, take it out of the oven, but don’t turn the oven off.
- Filling:Combine condensed milk and yolks in a large bowl until well combined.
- Slowly add the lemon juice while you whisk. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- After the pie crust is baked, take it out of the oven and carefully place the filling inside. Bake for another 18-20 minutes at 350F (175C). The edges should be set, and the center should be set. If it is still jiggly after shaking, bake again.
- After this, cool at room temperature for 30 min, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 6-8 hrs or (preferably) overnight. Make the whipped cream topping before serving. Homemade whipped cream topping.
- First In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Then, gradually increase the speed to high until the mixture becomes thick and fluffy. Finally, whip up stiff peaks with a whisk.
- Before serving, pipe or dollop some over the pie.