mary berry chocolate victoria cake
Do you have a hard time making Victoria sponge cake at home? We have the perfect solution. This Victoria Sponge Cake, named after Queen Victoria, is simple and delicious. It’s made with sweet strawberry jam and soft cream sandwiched between two sponge cakes and dusting icing sugar. Victoria Sponge was Queen Victoria’s favorite sponge cake and it has been a trusted recipe for tea-time cakes.
Basic Ingredients for mary berry chocolate victoria cake
- 200gms All-Purpose Flour
- 150gms Caster sugar
- 40 gms Corn Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 200ml milk
- 3 Tbsp Yogurt
- 50gms butter (melted)
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda Strawberry Jam 200gms Strawberry (frozen).
- 50 to 70 gms Sugar
- 1/2 Lemon Juice Whipped Cake Sugar Icing
How do you make mary berry chocolate victoria cake?
- First, make the Sponge Base. Next, add All-Purpose Flour to the bowl along with Caster Sugar and Corn Flour. Finally, mix in Baking Powder.
- Mix it well, then add milk, yogurt, butter (melted), lemon juice, baking soda, and mix again. Next, divide the batter into 2 6 inch rounds.
- Bake this at 180 degrees Celsius for fifteen minutes. Let’s now make Strawberry Jam. To this, add Strawberry (frozen), Sugar and sprinkle it on top. Turn on the flame and cook the strawberries well.
- After this turn off the flame, add Lemon Juice, and let the Jam cool completely. After the Cake has been baked, remove the mold and trim the top with a serrated knife. Finally, place the cake on a cake stand.
- Let’s make the Victoria Sponge Cake. Spread 2 tablespoons of Jam on the Cake. Next, add Whipped Cake to the Cake.
- Use the Piping Bag with a round nozzle to do the following: Place the Sponge upside-down on a plate. Sprinkle Icing Sugar over it.