mary berry chocolate cherry cake
This chocolate cake is a great way to impress your family without having to do too much. This cake is moist and delicious. The cherry topping is the perfect finishing touch.
Basic Ingredients for mary berry chocolate cherry cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour One cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder don’t substitute hot chocolate mix for it, it’s different
- Two tsp baking soda
- Two tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp red peper powder (or cayenne powder)
- One tsp VANILLA 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- Five Tbsp refined coconut oil Using unrefined Coconut Oil will give it a coconut flavor
- One cup cold water To cool,
How do you make mary berry chocolate cherry cake
- place one cup of water into the refrigerator Lightly grease a nine-inch pan or grease the sides. Place cut parchment paper on the bottom. After this Preheat the oven to 350 F by placing the rack in the middle of the oven Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, sugar, and cocoa.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, and cayenne. Mix the oil, vinegar, and vanilla until well combined. Don’t overmix.after this Bake the batter in a cake pan for thrity minutes or until a toothpick or knife is inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake pan to cool in the oven until it is safe to handle. You should not attempt to take the hot cake out of the oven. It might break and Once the cake pan is ready to be handled, use a butter knife to remove the cake from the pan. Next, turn the upside-down cake on a cooling rack.after this Let the cake cool completely before you add any toppings.