chicken thighs and sausage meat
Basic ingredients for chicken thighs and sausage meat
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skin-on chicken legs (6-8 thighs; 1.15kg)
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable olive oil
- 3-4 links sweet or spicy Italian sausage (about 11/2 pounds; 700g)
- 1 medium onion, thinly chopped (about 6oz; 170g)
- 1 large red bell pepper (about 6oz; 170g)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Sage leaves (about 8g)
- 6 cloves garlic (about 8g),
- 1 cup (240ml), dry white wine
How to make chicken thighs and sausage meat
- Set oven rack at the center position. After this, Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Over medium heat, heat oil in a straight-sided salutes pan (4 to 5 quarts) or Dutch oven until it shimmers.
- Cook the chicken skin-side down for 8 minutes. If it begins to smoke, reduce heat. Turn the chicken over and brown lightly on the second side for about 3 minutes. Place the chicken on a large plate.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and return it to the heat. Cook the sausage until it is browned on both sides, approximately 1 1/2 minutes. If the sausage starts smoking, reduce the heat. Turn the sausage over and cook the second side for 1 1/2 minutes more. Transfer the sausage from the heat to a plate and then cut into 3-4 slices.
- Return pan to heat. Add onion and pepper. Cook, stirring, scraping up any browned bits with the wooden spoon until softened. Stir in the sage, and garlic, and cook for about one minute.
- Mix in pickled cherry peppers with their liquid. Stir and scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Allow wine to reduce by half for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken stock. Toss the sausage in the pan. Next, place the chicken skin-side up in the pan and nestle them into the sauce, vegetable, and sausage.
- Transfer the chicken to the oven. Cook until it is cooked through, approximately 30 minutes. Serve immediately by arranging sauce, vegetables, and sausage around the chicken pieces.