chicken liver and mushroom pate
Basic ingredients for chicken liver and mushroom pate
- 3 to 4 medium onions, chopped
- 1 parsnip
- Sliced 1 carrot. Sliced
- 1 large Apple
- Sliced 2 jalapenos (Optional, you can substitute any other spicy peppers or use crushed pepper flakes, chipotle flakes, cayenne, etc.)
- 1 lb liver (I use chicken),
- 1 to 2 tbsp butter, water, stock, apple cider or white wine, etc.
- Deglazing as needed: Granulated garlic, Smoked paprika, Ground coriander, Cumin, Salt
How to make chicken liver and mushroom pate
- Onions, carrots, and parsnips, as well as apples and jalapenos, can be cooked on medium heat until tender and mixed with salt and spices. As needed, deglaze is a fancy term for adding liquid to the pan and scraping the bottom. This helps prevent vegetables from burning.
- Add liver and season. Cook until the meat is just pink.
- Allow everything to cool down in the pan.
- Transfer the mixture to a large container. After this, Use an immersion blender to blend everything until it is smooth, creamy, and creamy. The immersion blender makes it much easier to clean up.
- Let cool down until firm (ie, set) before you enjoy.