curry chicken rice
Basic ingredients for curry chicken rice
- Cut into cubes 900g (2 lb) of chicken breast
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1.5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (400g/14oz), coconut cream/milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- Coriander, chopped – for garnish
How to make curry chicken rice
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Sauté chopped onions in oil until they are golden. Stir occasionally.
- Once onions are golden, add grated ginger and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir. Stir in chopped tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until golden. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Cover the pan with water and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk/cream and season with garam masala, and salt, and continue cooking until the mixture becomes slightly thickened.