brandied chicken liver pate
Basic ingredients for brandied chicken liver pate
- 500g Chicken livers
- 80ml brandy
- 90g Unsalted Butter
- 1 Onion, finely minced
- 1 Garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Fresh chopped thyme
- 60ml Cream
How to make brandied chicken liver pate
- Cut the sinew, fat, and discolored livers. Place each liver in a bowl, and then mix the brandy with it. Let the livers marinate for at least 2-5 hours. Chop the onion and garlic.
- Divide the batter into two equal portions of 45g. Measure the cream. Heat the pan on medium-low heat. Stir in the garlic and onions. These should be simmered for five minutes, until tender and translucent.
- Drain the livers, and then simmer in the pan for another 5 minutes. After this, Add the brandy to the pan, and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Once the pan is cool, transfer the livers to a bowl or saucepan and let them cool.
- Now add the butter to the mixture and blend it again. Cover the pot with cling wrap and let it set in the refrigerator for at least two hours.