apple sponge cake with lemon curd
This delicious, soft, and fluffy apple cake can be made in a matter of minutes. The recipe for this delicious homemade apple cake is easy to make in just 10 minutes.
Basic ingredients for apple sponge cake with lemon curd
- 2 apples, peeled and cut 2 tablespoons butter (25g),
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (15g),
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (20g)
- Cake Dough: 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar (130g),
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (60g),
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (4g),
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (200g),
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (8g)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (4g)
- 7-inch springform cake pan
How to make apple sponge cake with lemon curd
- Cut 2 apples into thin slices, about 1/8 inches. Butter, lemon juice, and sliced apples are to be added to a saucepan on medium heat. Cook until softened.
- Preheat the oven to 356F (180C).
- Mix eggs, sugar, greek yogurt, and milk in a large bowl. Add vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and egg yolks. Add flour and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to a parchment-lined pan. Sprinkle the cooked apple on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in the oven
- Keep it at room temperature.
- Before serving, sprinkle some powdered sugar.