lemon and blueberry cupcakes
Basic ingredients for lemon and blueberry cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp Freshly Grated Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Blueberries Frosting,
- 1/3 cup Cream Cheese at Room Temperature
- 1/3 cup Confectioner Sugar
How to make lemon and blueberry cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-piece cupcake pan with liners, and then set it aside. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the blueberries to a small bowl. Mix 1/4 cup of the dry ingredients into the flour mixture. Use a spoon to mix the blueberries in the flour mixture. Use a handheld whisk to combine the butter, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and mix well. Mix in the lemon zest, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix half the dry ingredients with half the milk. Mix in the milk and remaining dry ingredients.
- Use a spatula to fold in the blueberry mixture and flour. Divide the batter into a muffin pan using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one comes out clean. Allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl. Mix in the rest of the ingredients until you get a creamy frosting.
- Pipe or spoon the frosting onto each cupcake. You will need a couple of bowls, a whisk, and a spatula.