mary berry lemon and lime tart
Basic ingredients for mary berry lemon and lime tart
- 7 oz (220g) digestive biscuits/graham crackers
- 2 Tbsp (30g), sugar 5 tbsp (770g) butter, softened
- Filling:4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (120ml), sweetened condensed dairy
- 1/2 cup (120ml), lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup (240g), whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon (10g) powdered sugar
How to make mary berry lemon and lime tart
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Place the biscuits/graham crackers in a bowl of a food processor. Blend the ingredients until you get crumbs. Mix the crumbs in a bowl. Add sugar and butter to it.
- Place the mixture on the bottom and sides (between 8-9 inches (20-23 cm) of a pie pan.
- Bake for between 8-10 minutes, and then let cool on a rack for around 15 minutes.
- Make the filling. Mix egg yolks and lime zest in a large bowl until light yellow. Mix condensed milk with lime juice until combined.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Now Allow the pie to cool completely at room temp. Then refrigerate for several hours or more, or even overnight.
- After this, Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks before serving. Add powder sugar to the cream and whip it until it forms stiff peaks.
- Decorate the pie by placing the whipped cream in a piping bag with a 1M star tip (1/2 inch-1cm). Remember If desired, sprinkle some lime zest on top Refrigerate any leftover pie.