apple lemon and cinnamon strudel
Basic ingredients for apple lemon and cinnamon strudel
- Dough: 1 1/3 cups (250g) All-Purpose flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons (18g) Vegetable oil (flavorless, I used Sunflower),
- About 1/4 cup (60ml) of water
- Filling: 5 Red Delicious Apples (30 oz – 850 g),
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice (3 about 1/2 Lemon Juice),
- 1/3 cup (50g), Raisin 3-4 spoons (50g),
- Pine Nuts 3-4 tablespoons (50%),
- Sugar 3 tablespoons (70g),
- Sugar 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon 2,5 Oz (70g) Cookies, crumbled Top decoration: 1 Apple, cut into thin slices, Melted Butter
How to make apple lemon and cinnamon strudel
- Make the dough by mixing flour and salt in a large bowl. Mix the Egg and Vegetable Oil in a small bowl.
- Mix the egg mixture into the flour mix. Add water slowly until you have a dough. Make a ball of the dough by kneading it for a few minutes. The ball dough should be oiled with vegetable oil.
- Let it rest in a bowl to prepare the filling. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Make the filling. Now Soak the raisins in warm water for 15 minutes or until they become soft. Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices. Combine the apples in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Combine the sugar, pine nuts, drained raisins, and crumbled Cookies with the Cinnamon. Set aside. Assemble the dough by cutting 1/4 off it, rolling it into a rectangle measuring approximately 12 inches to 30 cm. and Then cut 9 strips.
- For final decoration, braid the strips. The dough should be rolled out on a piece of baking paper to form a rectangle. Butter it. The Apple filling should be placed along one side of the dough, leaving 1 to 1 1/2 inches to the edges. To prevent the filling from getting lost in rolling, fold the sides in.
- Place the dough on top of the apples and seal the edges. The Strudel can be finished by attaching the braids to it and then brushing it with melted butter. Bake at 410°F (210°C) for 15 minutes. After that, reduce the heat to 340°F (170°C) and bake for 25 mins.
- Prepare the Roses decoration while you wait: Slice 1 apple into thin slices (leaving the skin on). Put the slices in a mixture of water and lemon juice. Microwave for 3 minutes. You can make Apple roses by rolling the slices in a circle. The Strudel should be covered with apple roses. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve it warm or cold.n ow It can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 days.