all in one lemon drizzle cake
This lemon drizzle cake recipe is easy to make and soft and moist. This lemon drizzle cake recipe is a popular choice in the UK. It’s great with afternoon tea. This video will show you how to make the recipe. It also includes some tips and tricks for baking. This makes a wonderful Easter cake. It’s like a pound cake, but with drizzle!
Basic Ingredients for all in one lemon drizzle cake
- Caster Sugar 115g Butter 115g
- 2 Tbsp lemoncurd
- 140g self-rising flour
- 2 large eggs Grated Rind from 1 Unwaxed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Lemon (I prefer to use the entire lemon juice). 2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
How do you make all in one lemon drizzle cake
- Pre-Heat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius Line a loaf pan with grease. Combine the butter and caster sugar in a bowl. You can mix it with a wooden spoon in warmer months. However, you will need a hand mixer for softening the butter during the winter months.
- Mix for approximately two minutes. Add the zest of an unwaxed lemon. You can also see the affiliate link to the amazing lemon zester. Mix for a few seconds more after you have added it.
- Then add the lemon curd. You can learn how to make homemade lemon curd by visiting my lemon curd recipe. Mix the mixture once more. You will now need to alternate the addition of the flour and the egg mixture.
- Mix a little of each ingredient until you have used all the flour. Next, use a spatula to swirl the bowl to make sure there are no lumps of flour or other ingredients. Finally, ensure everything is well-mixed.
- After this,Place the mixture in the prepared loaf pan and bake for approximately thrity to forty minutes. Make sure the cake is fully cooked. To check if there are any leftovers, use a cake tester. Bake the cake until it is done. However, do not overcook the sponge as this can cause it to become dry.
- You can use baking parchment or loose foil to cover the cake if it is becoming too brown. This can also be explained and demonstrated in this video. Next, add half of all of the juice from the lemon to a bowl. Mix in the granulated sugar. After this,the cake has just come out of the oven, use a BBQ skewer to stab it several times. The cake should not be removed from its tin. Spread the sugar and lemon over the cake, making sure that it is evenly distributed. This will allow all of the sugar and lemon to reach the sponge. Let the cake cool completely before taking it out of the tin. Now the cake is ready to be eaten. You can also cut the cake in half, add extra lemon curd or buttercream. This lemon drizzle cake is delicious and will not last long in your home.