Martha Stewart focaccia bread recipe
Basic Ingredients for Martha Stewart focaccia bread recipe
- 330 ml (1 1/3 cup) milk
- 1 tsp granulated Sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoon instant yeast This is the recipe for bread dough – 460gm (3 1/4 cups flour)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp asafetida
How do you make Martha Stewart focaccia bread recipe
- Heat the milk on low heat and then turn off the flame. Add the sugar to the warm milk. After this, sprinkle the yeast over the hot milk and let it sit for ten minutes.
- Now Mix flour, salt, and water in a bowl with a mixer or food processor. Add the oil and yeast mixture.
- After this, Use the dough hook to knead the dough for about four to five minutes. Use the steel attachment if you are using a food processor. There is no need for any other attachments to be changed.
- Mix by hand, using the base of your hands to form a soft dough on a surface or kitchen counter. Use a little cornflour or maize to form the dough into a rectangle.
- Now Transfer the rolled dough onto a greased baking tray measuring 9″ x 12″. The dough should be shaped to fit in the tin. If you want to make the dough later, you can refrigerate it at this stage.
- After this, Allow the dough to rise and double in size for about 1 1/2 to two hours in a warm area. If it is extremely cold, it may take longer. Once the dough has cooled, prepare the topping.
- Heat the oil in a small pot. Turn off the heat and add the asafetida, the herbs, and stir. Now Let the oil sit for at least half an hour, or even longer depending on how long it takes to get the flavors to penetrate.
- After the dough has doubled in size, you can make equal-sized indentations using your thumb or forefinger. Sprinkle the herb topping evenly on top. it may seem overwhelming at first, this will help create the perfect crust for perfectly seasoned bread. Bake at 200 C/400 F for 20 minutes.