Martha Stewart chocolate cream tart recipe
Basic Ingredients for Martha Stewart chocolate cream tart recipe
- Half cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- Half cup icing sugar sifted
- Three large egg yolks
- One cupcake and pastry flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Two Tbsp cornstarch
- Half teaspoon salt
- Half cup Whipping Cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- Eight oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Half cup Hot, Strong Coffee
- Two large eggs, at room temperature
- One tsp vanilla extract
How do you make Martha Stewart chocolate cream tart recipe
- First of all, Make the pastry by beating the butter and icing sugar together until smooth. add the egg yolks one at a time and mix until combined.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and cornstarch in a separate bowl. Mix this with the butter mixture until well combined. Form the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic and let cool before using.
- To soften the chocolate pastry dough, knead it once or twice on a lightly floured surface. After this, roll the dough out to a rectangle less than 1/4 inch thick.
- The dough should be lifted carefully and placed on a fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Then press the dough into the shell. Trim any excess. Use a fork to transfer the pastry. The tart shell should be chilled for at least 20 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (125 C). Bake the tart shell chilled on a baking tray for 18 minutes until it is dry and has a dull, even finishes. Let it cool down while you make the filling.
- Pour the cream and butter over the chocolate and let it cool for a few seconds. Now Use a spatula to gently stir the mixture until it melts. Next, add the sugar and coffee. After this, In a small bowl beat the eggs lightly.
- After this, Add the egg mixture to the chocolate and whisk gently until it is incorporated. Bake the mixture in the tart shell for 12 minutes at 350 F/175 C. Let the tart cool to room temperature and chill for at least two hours before serving.
- You can store the tart in the refrigerator for up to two days.