recipe for martha stewart arroz con pollo
This authentic arroz con polo recipe is the perfect choice for you if you’re looking for a delicious weeknight meal that is full of flavor! I was having trouble figuring out what I would make for my video this week, so I asked my Facebook friends and they answered.
Basic Ingredients for recipe for martha stewart arroz con pollo
- 1 whole chicken broken down into pieces for roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil or rendered bacon grease
- Chicken stock – 96 oz 2 each of the seeded, small diced yellow and red bell peppers
- 2 small diced yellow onions, peeled and diced
- 8-10 finely minced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons annatto seed mix
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup Spanish pimento-stuffed Olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup peas Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper for a delicious taste
How do you make recipe for martha stewart arroz con pollo
- Salt and pepper to season the chicken pieces on all sides.
- After this, heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Brown each side for three to four minutes.
- Place the chicken in the stock and heat on low. Cook for about 25-30 minutes. Cook the annatto seeds in a separate pot or rondeau. The seeds can be thrown out. Next, add the chopped peppers, onions, and garlic to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes. After 3-4 minutes, add in the olives, cumin, and coriander. Finally, add in the rice and 6 cups of chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the braised chicken pieces over the rice. Cover with a lid and continue to cook on low heat for about 25-30 minutes, or until the rice becomes tender.
- Serve with chopped green onions and cilantro.