lemon crunch cake mary berry
This lemony, moist, and light cake is a must-have if you visit Aiea Bowl.
Basic Ingredients for lemon crunch cake mary berry
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon extract Separate
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar Frosting with Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon extract
- 1 pack Heath bits
- 1 jar Lemon curd
How do you make lemon crunch cake mary berry
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Mixes the cake mixture in a large bowl. Add oil, water, egg yolks, and lemon juice.
- Mix for one minute or until well combined. After this, Combine egg whites with cream of tartar in a separate bowl.
- Beat until stiff peaks form. After this, Gradually fold egg whites into the cake batter.
- Fold in the egg whites until they are fully combined.
- Combine the mixture in two 8-inch round pans, floured and greased. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until done. Let the cakes cool on racks after you remove them.
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon extract, powdered sugar, and whipped cream to make the frosting. Layer the lemon curd layer on top of the cake.
- Then, add the whipped cream frosting to the cake and Heath Bar pieces. Place a layer of lemon curd on the second cake, and flip it over so that the whipped cream frosting is on top.
- Frost the rest with the whipped cream frosting. Place the Heath toffee pieces around the edges and on top. Allow cooling in the fridge for three hours.