mary berry chocolate orange marble cake
This cake is deliciously nostalgic with classic chocolate and orange flavors. This cake is super easy to make and will be soft and fluffy when you use the marble effect.
Basic Ingredients for mary berry chocolate orange marble cake
- All-Purpose Flour, 2 Cups
- Butter 200g
- Eggs 4
- Sugar 1 Cup
- vanilla Essence 1/2 Tsp
- Yogurt 1/2 Cup [ Or Use Sour Cream ]
- Baking Powder 2 Tablespoons
- Salt 1/4 Tsp
- Cocoa Powder 1 Tbs
- Water 2 Tbs
- Orange Juice 1/4 Cup
- Orange zest 1 Tsp
How do you mary berry chocolate orange marble cake
- Turn oven on to 170°C. Bake parchment on the bottom of a loaf pan (8x21cm)
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Use an electric whisk, or a hand whip to beat until it is light and fluffy.
- Next, add 4 eggs one at a while, and mix well after each addition.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl: flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in the flour mixture. Between the flour mixture and the wet ingredients, add yogurt.
- Divide the batter into two equal portions.
- Combine Cocoa powder (Cocoa powder mixed with water) in one cup.
- Orange Juice and zest can be added to the batter.
- Place alternate spoonfuls of the mixture into a cake tin. Next, use a skewer for a marble pattern. Drag it through the mixture in swirls. You won’t be able to see the pattern if you overmix. If necessary, smoothen the surface.
- After this, Bake the cake for seventy-five to eighty minutes until it is golden brown and has risen.
- Now a skewer inserted into the center of the cake will come out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the tin. There are many options In a small bowl, melt the chocolate over simmering water. You can drizzle the chocolate on top of the cake with a spoon.