jammy dodger recipe
Here’s a simple sugar cookie recipe that uses icing sugar rather than granulated sugar or caster sugar. A jammy dodger is a vanilla shortbread biscuit with a raspberry jam center. They are easy to find in British supermarkets but may be more difficult to find overseas. My version is simple to make. The dough can also be frozen and can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
Basic ingredients for jammy dodger recipe
- 225g marg or butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 300g plain flour
- 150g jam
How to make jammy dodger recipe
- Combine the butter with sugar until smooth and well combined.
- Mix the yolk and vanilla.
- To make a dough, combine the flour with a little milk. One teaspoonful at a time, add the milk.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap between two sheets of parchment paper. After this, Place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour before using it.
- The oven should be heated to 170°C.
- Place your circles on a baking sheet. Cut out a heart shape using a small knife. You can save the leftovers for making more cookies.
- If you have a warm oven, I recommend that you chill the unbaked cookies for between 10-and 20 minutes before baking.
- Allow them to cool on racks for about 10-15 minutes.
- Microwave 150g jam for a couple of seconds until it is warm enough to stir easily (10-20 seconds). Put a teaspoonful of jam into the middle of each cookie. Next, place a cut-out cookie over it and press down lightly.