James martin seafood chowder recipe
A steaming bowl of seafood soup is the best way to represent Nova Scotia. While there are many variations on this recipe, ours features Nova Scotia seafood superstars like lobster, scallops, and haddock. Once you have all the ingredients, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare. You can add your spin to it. You can add shrimp, mussels, or clams to the base. But if you nail it, your guests will be asking for more!
Basic Ingredients for James martin seafood chowder recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can be smoked oysters
- 6 slices of bacon; chopped 2 leeks, cleaned and finely diced
- 3 ribs of celery; finely diced 4 large potatoes, diced and kept cold in the water
- 1 large filet of smoked haddock; cut into bite-size pieces
- 200globster meat (knuckle and claw) 4 x large sea scallops; bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon dill; chopped One lemon’s zest
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (3%)
- 1 cup heavy cream (35%).
How do you make James martin seafood chowder recipe
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the oil from the smoked oysters to the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the bacon. Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes. Sauté the celery, leeks, and onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt. After this, Add the potatoes to the pot with the water.
Bring to a boil. Add the cream, milk, and smoked haddock. Cook the potatoes for twenty-five to thirty minutes, or until they are tender.
- Add the lobster, scallops, and smoked oysters. Cook for another three to four minutes, add dill and lemon zest together. after this, Season with salt and pepper. Serves four to six people.