Basic ingredients for hazelnut brittle
- 1/4 cup (60mL)
- 1/2 cup (334 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (175 mL) white corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp (30g) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (205 g) lightly toasted nuts (such as peanuts, cashews, and/or pistachios)
- 1 pinch of coarse sea salt
How to make hazelnut brittle
- First of all, Lightly grease a baking sheet with parchment paper. Before you begin cooking the sugar, make sure to prepare all ingredients.
- Now Bring the sugar, corn syrup, and water to a boil on high heat. Cover the pot and boil for about 20 minutes, occasionally wiping down the sides with water. Take the pot off the heat.
- Stir in the butter, baking soda, and vanilla immediately, paying attention to the steam.
- After this, Spread the mixture on the baking tray and stir in the nuts. Let cool the brittle to room temperature, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Now The brittle can be kept in an airtight container for up to one week.