gluten free polenta cake
Basic ingredients for gluten free polenta cake
- Wet ingredients: 300ml soy milk
- 100ml sun oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- Dry ingredients: 125g granulated Sugar
- 75g Polenta
How tto make gluten free polenta cake
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C (360F). After this, Blend the wet and dry ingredients in a blender. Blend for 1.5-2 minutes until you have a smooth mixture. As you can see, I am a messy chef.
- Next, pour the mixture into a greased and lined baking pan (20cm in diameter). Bake for 35 minutes. The mixture will be slightly more liquidizer than regular cake batter. The polenta will absorb most of the moisture so don’t be alarmed.
- It will be more tender than non-gluten-free cakes when it comes out of the oven. It’s normal. This is because the starch from the oats must cool down before it sets. Before you slice the cake, let it cool completely. Sprinkle some icing sugar over the top.