mary berry simnel cake easter bake off
Basic ingredients for mary berry simnel cake easter bake off
- 250g mixed dried fruit
- 250 grams Marzipan
- 250g softened butter
- 200g Light soft brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 175g Plain Flour (all-purpose flour)
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla Extract
- 120g Glace cherries halved
How to mary berry simnel cake easter bake off
- To 250g of mixed fruit, add 2 Tablespoons water and the zest of orange. Continue to simmer until the liquid has evaporated. After the liquid has cooled, dust a board with Icing sugar to prepare to roll the Marzipan. Now Place half the mixture in the baking tin.
- Next, place the smaller Marzipan discs over the top. Now Place the rest of the batter on top. Level the pan with the spatula.
- Bake at 160°C for 2 hours. After this, Use a toothpick to check that the cake is done.