fruit scone recipes mary berry
The best fruit scones recipe ever. This scene recipe is simple. If you make too many scones, you can freeze them. If you make too many, you can freeze them.
Basic ingredients for fruit scone recipes mary berry
- 350g self-raising flour
- To dust, add 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 85g butter. Cut into cubes
- 175ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g sultanas
How to make fruit scone recipes mary berry
- Beat egg to glaze the jam and clotted crème. Now mix the flour with the baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix in the butter and then use your fingers to blitz the mixture until it looks like fine crumbs.
- Add the sugar. Now Heat the milk in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds until it is warm but not hot. The vanilla and lemon juice should be added to the milk. Leave it aside for a while.
- Place a baking sheet in the oven. Make a well in your dry mixture, then add the liquid, sultanas, and cranberries.
- Mix it quickly using a knife. It will appear quite wet at first. Now Sprinkle flour on the work surface, and then tip the dough out. After dredging the dough with flour, dust your hands with more flour.
- Then fold the dough 2-3 times to make it smoother. Pat the dough into a 4cm-deep round pan. Use a 6cm cookie cutter to cut the dough. Dip it in flour.
- Make four scones by dipping your cutter into flour. To make four more scones, you may have to roll the dough into a circle.
- Now Place the tops on a baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold, generously topped by jam and clotted crème. Freeze once cool if freezing. Once defrosted, place in a low oven (about 160C/140C fan/gas 3 for a few minutes to refresh.