sweet sour pork mary berry
Sweet and sour pork is probably the most well-known Chinese dish in the United States and many other countries. Balance is the key to this dish. My version has a crunchy middle and soft, tender meat in the center. It is harder to stop eating it the more you eat it. This dish can be prepared in many different ways. Everyone has a different preference.
Basic ingredients for sweet sour pork mary berry
- Half a pound of pork [226g]
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce [River Bridge Nature Brewed Light Soy Sauce]
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
FOR SIR FRYING
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 cup colorful bell peppers
- 2 cup pineapple
SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
- 1/4 Cup of ketchup and1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup vinegar
- Two tbsp plum sauce [optioal]
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to your taste
How to make sweet sour pork mary berry
- Cut the pork into cubes of half an inch. Marinate the pork with 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp soya sauce, and 1/4 tsp baking soda. Now let it rest for at least one night.
- Mix 2 eggs and make plain flour. Dip the pork into the egg, then coat it in flour. Repeat this twice to make sure the flour layer is thicker.
- Heat oil to 350°F [176°C]. Two batches of pork should be deep-fried. The crispy layer will last longer if you fry it twice.
- Remove it from the pan. Let’s make the sweet and sour sauce. 1/4 cup ketchup and 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 Cup of sugar, 1/4 Cup of water, 2 tablespoons plum sauce, 1 tablespoon corn starch, 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to your taste.
- Heat it on medium heat. It will stick to the bottom if it doesn’t get stirred. Once the mixture is bubbling, reduce heat to medium and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Let’s now stir-fry all the vegetables. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add 1 teaspoon garlic and let it cook until fragrant.
- Next, add the bell peppers and pineapple. Mix it well for 3 minutes, then add the sauce and pork. Serve it well.
- You are done. This can be served with rice. Enjoy your meal! You can ask any questions by leaving a comment. We will respond as quickly as possible.