roast squash soup
Butternut squash soup is creamy comfort food goodness in a bowl! This soup is easy to prepare, packed with healthy vegetables, and ready within 30 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 yellow onion, peeled & diced
- 1 butternut squash peeled & seeded
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1-quart heavy cream
How to make roast squash soup
- Heat the butter In a large saucepan on medium or heat. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes until it is softened and translucent.
- Add butternut squash, carrots, and celery to the pot. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Bring to boil.
- After this, Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 to twenty minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Puree the mixture using an immersion blender or transfer it in small batches to a food processor.