chicken provencal recipe
Basic ingredients chicken provencal recipe
- 4 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- Oil to fry
- Salt & Pepper
- 50g butter,
- chopped 1 medium-sized brown onion,
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 400g tomatoes
- 1/4 cup kalamata Olives,
- pitted 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat Parsley,
- chopped 3 tablespoons of Cornflour
- 6 tablespoons water steamed Brocollini & potatoes bake
How to make chicken provencal recipe
- Pre-heat oven 180C. Heat oil in a frying pan. After this, Fry the chicken for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion. Fry until soft. Reduce heat and season the pan with salt and pepper. Add the stock, tomatoes, and olives.
- Let simmer for 5-6mins. In a baking dish, add the tomato-olive mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Turn pieces so they absorb juices. Bake in moderate oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes.
- Keep the chicken warm. Combine cornflour with water until smooth. Place the sauce in a large pot. Turn the heat to medium. Mix cornflour and bring to boil.
- The mixture will thicken in approximately 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring. Take off the heatproof plate. Spread sauce on chicken and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately Serve with Brocollini or baked potatoes
- Borocollini: Take out any leaves and trim the stalk. Microwave for 6-8 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water to a microwavable dish. The steam can burn your skin so be careful when you take it out of the microwave.
- You must quickly remove any lids from the pan to prevent your hand from being exposed to the steam/heat. This could cause a severe burn. After the broccoli has been transferred to the dish, use a butter brush to coat it. Baked Potatoes: Add olive oil and white vinaigrette to the broccoli and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until it is golden brown.