cheese and bacon pasty recipe
Basic ingredients for cheese and bacon pasty recipe
- Pre-rolled puff pastry, 375g Cut out 7x7in squares
- One salad tomato, sliced and seeds removed
- 2x cheese chunks just under seven inches long
- One egg to glaze
How to make cheese and bacon pasty recipe
- First, preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Prepare 1 baking tray and grease it.
- Get all the ingredients ready. Now Cut your tomatoes in half and remove the seeds. Whisk a small amount of egg in a small bowl. Then, slice your cheese into large strips.
- Your pastry should be 7×7 inches in size.
- Spread a little Dijon mustard on the middle of the pastry. Spread the Dijon mustard over the bacon. Place the cheese and tomato slices on either side. Season the dish with freshly grated black pepper.
- Fold the edges in half and seal with a beaten egg. Glaze the pastries, then place them on a baking tray. Bake the pastries for between 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown and puffy.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes.