devil chocolate cake recipe Betty Crocker
Basic ingredients for devil chocolate cake recipe betty crocker
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process chocolate powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, room temp preferred
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
How to make devil chocolate cake recipe betty crocker
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (175C). Now Line two 8-inch baking pans with parchment paper. Spray the sides with baking spray or flour. Set aside.
- Combine butter, milk, water, and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan.
- Heat butter on the stovetop, stirring frequently until it melts. After this, Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Allow cooling on low heat for 15 minutes, while you prepare dry ingredients.
- Now Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Mix the chocolate mixture with the flour mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Now Mix in the sour cream until well combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla, and mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Bake at 350F (175C). For 30-35 minutes, divide the batter evenly into prepared baking pans. If the center is clean or has fuzzy crumbs, it’s best to use a toothpick.
- Let the baking pans cool for 15 minutes, then use a knife to lift the edges from the pan. Now invert the pan onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
Notes: You can use just 1 cup of your favorite coffee instead of water or instant coffee. Although the coffee enhances the chocolate flavor, I highly recommend it. However, if you don’t have instant coffee or coffee, the recipe can still be made with water. It will still taste great!