apple upside-down cake recipe mary berry
This delicious dessert looks amazing and is perfect for a family or special occasions.
Basic Ingredients for apple upside-down cake recipe mary berry
- 4-5 apples 50g (1/4 cup), +1 tbsp butter
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Cake 75g, about 1/3 cup butter at room temperature
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp sour cream Peel of
- 1 lemon grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 11 tbsp flour
How do you make apple upside-down cake recipe mary berry
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a ten-inch (26 cm) round cake pan.
- Peel the apples and drizzle lemon juice on them. Slice them in wedges and remove the core.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Cook the butter in a saucepan with 5 tablespoons of sugar. Continue to cook until sugar dissolves, and the mixture turns golden brown. Place the mixture in a pan. After this, add two tablespoons of sugar to the mixture. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the batter is ready to be baked.
- Make the cake batter while the apples are baking. Separate the egg whites and yolks. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- After this, Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl until well combined. Add the egg yolks and sour cream. Mix in the flour mixture.
- Mix egg whites until stiff and firm. Incorporate them in the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the apples after they have been removed from the oven. After this, Bake the batter on top of the apples for twenty-five to thirty minutes.
- Now You can serve with add vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!