portuguese custard tarts
Basic Ingredients for portuguese custard tarts
- 1 1/4 cup (175g) All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (118 ml)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (11-5 gram )
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk (300 ml)
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 tsp corn starch (11 gram )
- 11/4 tsp vanilla extract
How to make portuguese custard tarts
- Make the pastry: In a mixing bowl, combine inch 1/4 cup bread, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add 3/4 cup cubed butter and make utilize of your fingers to blend till it gets overvalued.
- Pour tbsp cold drinking water from the mixture. Insert longer when it is too tender.
- Mix using both palms until it creates a rough dough.
- Twist 1 side of this puff pastry dough towards the top of the middle 3rd of the tongue and fold the rest of this dough on top of that. Continue doing that one more period for you to produce a smaller rectangle.
- On a floured surface, flatten the dough to 6×15 inches dimension. Twist one aspect of the puff pastry dough towards the top of their midst 3rd of the dough and then fold the rest of this dough in addition to that. Flatten the dough again to 6×15 inches fold & rectangle it into three areas.
- Flatten the dough into 6×15 cm. Fold one particular aspect of this puff pastry dough over the top of their center third of this dough and fold the rest third of the dough in addition to the. Flatten the dough into a 10×12 inches rectangle. Roll into a log. Wrap with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Create the custard filling: Whisk 1/2 cup thick lotion, 1/2 cup sugar, 11/4 cup dairy, two egg yolk, 4 tsp corn starch, and 11/4 tsp almond extract in a small saucepan until the sugar melts.
- Place over moderately low heat and keep whisking until the mixture begins to coat the faces of the pan. After the custard is thick enough to coat a spoon, remove the heat. (The consequences are fairly thin, do not prepare it to some pudding) Proceed to whisk until eventually, it is no longer sexy.
- Sift the custard then place it aside to cool entirely.
- Optional: Cut the pastry log into 12 identical bits. Press every and every slice onto walnut sour molds or cupcake pans (lightly greased) to earn a pastry shell. Spoon the chilled custard in every shell until the custard is simply below the top of the pastry shell.
- Place the pan from the toaster.
- After 20 minutes, then check if the pastry is browning too quickly and also the custard is overflowing. When it is, turn off the heat and let the rest of the heat nourish the egg tarts entirely for 10 more seconds.
- Whenever your egg sour is cooked take it out of the oven permit it to cool for at least 15 minutes. Serve and Revel in!