venison shepherd’s pie
Today, I bring you another family favorite. Shepherd’s Pie! This one was made with Venison and Beef, as that’s what I had in the freezer.
Basic ingredients for venison shepherd’s pie
- Potato Layer 5/6 Russet Potatoes
- 1/2 stick of butter Splash of milk Salt/Peppermint Layer: 1lb Ground Beef and Deer Meat
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Flour 3-4 Beef Bouillon Cubes 1 cup of water (or more for consistency).
How to make venison shepherd’s pie
- Boil potatoes in water.
- After the potatoes have softened, drain them and add butter, salt, and milk to make a mash.
- Over medium heat, brown the meat mixture, onion, carrot, and garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes. Add flour and beef bullion.
- Add water to the saucepan and cook until desired consistency is achieved. Layer the meat in the bottom of the pan and add potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. Butter the pan and broil until golden brown.