sponge cake with strawberries and cream
Basic ingredients for sponge cake with strawberries and cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs, cooked in their shells
- 2 Cups of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Cake and Pastry flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fine Salt
- Whipped Cream Frosting: two cups of whipping cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- Two Tbsp instant skim milk powder
- Two tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
How to make sponge cake with strawberries and cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Two 9-inch (23 cm), round cake pans should be greased. Line each pan with parchment paper. After this, Dust the sides with flour and tap out excess.
- Combine the butter and milk on medium heat until it melts. While making the sponge, keep the mixture warm on low heat.
- After this, Use an electric beater or a stand mixer with the whip attachment to whip the eggs and sugar at high speed.
- This should take approximately five minutes. After this, Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Combine all ingredients with the eggs. Mix on low speed.
- Pour about 1 1/2 cups (375mL) of the cake batter into a bowl. Add the hot milk to the bowl. The batter will be melted. Mix the mixture with the remaining batter. Then, add the liquid to the bowl and mix by hand.
- Bake the batter in the prepared pans for 30 minutes or until it springs back when lightly pressed. Before assembling the cakes, cool them in their pans on a cooling rack.
- Spread half of the whipped cream frosting onto the top of the first layer. Add about 1 1/2 cups of fresh fruit to the top and then gently place the second layer of cake on top. Now Spread the frosting over the top and place the fruit on top. Allow the cake to cool before serving.
- Remember You can make the cake layers a day in advance and store them wrapped at room temperature. It is best to assemble the cake on the day it will be served.
- Whipped cream frosting This is the easiest of frostings. This frosting is great if you have a short time or want to make fresh fruit.
- Whipped cream frosting: First of all, Use a stand mixer with the whip attachment to whip the cream until it holds its shape. Add the vanilla, skim milk powder, and icing sugar. To incorporate the icing sugar, whip on low speed. Then increase speed to high. Continue whipping until the cream reaches the peak stage when beaters are lifted.
- Use immediately, or let cool, covered, for up 1 day until ready to use.