fresh cream sponge cake
Basic ingredients for fresh cream sponge cake
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) Lemon juice
- 1 tsp (2g) finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup (150g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (11.5g) salt
- 2 Tbsp (30g) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- Cream and Berries: 1/2 cup (375mL), cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125g) brick cream cheese, at a temperature
- 1/3 cup (664g) fresh strawberries, peeled
- 1/3 cup (80mL), good quality strawberry jam Icing Sugar, for dusting
How to make fresh cream sponge cake
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. After this, Place parchment paper on the bottom of a 9-inch springform skillet.
- In a high-speed blender, whip the eggs and sugar until they become almost white. They should be more than three times as thick. Add the juice and zest to the mixer at medium speed.
- Mix the flour, salt, and flour. Continue to beat on medium speed. About a cup (250mL) of batter should be poured into a bowl. Add the vanilla and melted butter to the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until well combined. After this, Bake this batter in the prepared pan for forty minutes or until it springs back when lightly pressed. Next, Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan.
- Cream and Berries:Whip the cream until it reaches a soft peak after the beaters have been lifted. Now Beat the cream cheese in a separate bowl until it is softened. Add the sugar, lemon juice, vanilla bean paste, and vanilla bean paste. In 2 additional additions, fold in the whipped cream. Allow chilling until ready for assembly.
- Mix the jam and berries until the cake is ready to be assembled. To loosen the crust from the cake pan, use a palette knife to run it around the edges. Next, remove the parchment paper from the pan. The cake should be cut horizontally in half. Now Spread half the cream on the cake, and then top it with half the berries. After this, Spread half of the cream over the top of your cake. Top it with the rest of the cream and berries. Leave a few inches around the edges. This edge should be brushed with icing sugar, and chilled until ready for serving. You can make the cake up to four hours ahead.