soy and ginger pork
Basic ingredients for soy and ginger pork
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops (8.8 ounces each; 3/4 inches thick) Garnish with 1 spring onion, thinly cut
How to make soy and ginger pork
- Mix the soy sauce, olive oils, ginger, sugar, chopped spring onions, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. If you are a fan of ginger, increase the amount to 3 tablespoons.
- Put the pork chops into a ziplock bag. Pour marinade over chops. Let the pork chops marinate for 45 minutes before flipping them halfway through. Place a tablespoon of olive oils in a large skillet on medium heat. Take the pork chops out of the marinade and cook for 3 1/2 to four minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium. Turn chops over and then cover them with the marinade. Cover the pan with a lid and bake for 20 minutes in an oven preheated at 180 C.
- After the chops are cooked, let them rest for five minutes before you reduce the marinade or the pork juices over high heat. The sauce should be poured over the chops. Serve with mashed potatoes and garnish with thinly sliced spring onions.