slow roast lamb easter Need a Sunday dinner suggestion? Everybody has their Easter dinner plans. This incredible roasted leg lamb leg is prepared seasoned and served with vegetables, garlic, citrus, rosemary, and orange juices. The lamb caramelizes to a golden color, and the pan juices make it easy to make gravy.
Basic Ingredients for slow roast lamb easter
- 5.5 lb leg lamb (bone-in), kosher salt and black pepper,
- 1 large onion, quartered,
- 1 large orange, quartered,
- 2 ribs celery,
- 2 cups cut carrots,
- 1 head garlic (about 15-20 cloves),
- 3-4 fresh rosemary stems (6+ inches)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cup water
- 2 tbsp of olive oil,
- 1/4 cup flour
How to make slow roast lamb easter
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees F. Slice and quarter the orange and onion. Cut off the garlic head and remove skins.
- Now cut the celery into small pieces and place it in a large roasting dish. Place the leg of lamb on top. Now Season both sides with kosher salt, black pepper.
- Place the bone-side down and add the beef broth and water. Place the lamb on top of the olive oil. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 5 hours. (See Note 1 to see different roasting times and weights). Set aluminum foil aside and remove from oven.
- Flip the lamb and then bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Keep the lamb warm in the pan.
- Cover it with aluminum foil. Now Place the roasting pan on the stovetop, over 2 burners. Use a slotted spoon to remove the citrus, rosemary sprigs, and vegetables.
- Leave the roasted garlic. After this, Use a wooden spoon to smash the garlic and bring the pan juices back to a boil.
- Mix the flour into the gravy. After this, Reduce heat to low, and cook until the gravy thickens.
- If you don’t want the rosemary pieces, strain it and serve with the roasted leg of lamb.
- Note:Roast a 4- to the 4.5-pound leg of lamb covered for 4.5 hours. Then, uncover the oven for 45 minutes until the outside turns golden brown. Roast a leg of lamb weighing 6 to 6.5 lbs and cover it for 5.5 hours. Cover the roast for 45 minutes, or until the outside turns golden brown.