How to Make Millionaires Shortbread This Millionaires Shortbread recipe is easy and simple to make. This rich and delicious sweet treat is made with crumbly shortbread and sweet salted caramel filling. It’s topped with dark cocoa!
Basic Ingredients for millionaire’s shortcake
- 1½ / 160g Sticks Butter
- ⅓ Cup / 65g White Sugar
- Two Cups / 250g Plain Flour
- 1 Tin / 400g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¾ Cup / 150g White Sugar
- One Stick / 110g Butter
- 2 Tbsp / 50g Golden Syrup (can be substituted with Honey)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1-3 tsp Flaky Salt
- 5oz / 150g Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp / 30ml Oil
How to make millionaire’s shortcake
- You will need to whisk the butter and sugar together until it is smooth and well combined.
- After this, use a silicone spatula or a wooden spoon to mix the butter and sugar until it resembles wet sand.
- Place the shortbread base in an 8-inch or 20-cm square baking dish.
- Line the pan with nonstick paper. Use a flat spoon or metal spoon to flatten the base into an even layer.
- Bake the base of shortbread in a 160C/320F preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown. It will become soft, but it will harden as it cools. It should cool down before you begin the caramel.
- Add the butter, sweetened condensed dairy, sugar, and golden syrup to a medium saucepan. Stir constantly for 5 minutes on medium heat. Once the mixture turns golden, remove it from heat.
- Now cool down for a while before adding the vanilla extract and salt.
- Place the caramel in a square baking pan and top it with the shortbread base. After this, Place the pan upside down so that the caramel covers all corners. Combine the oil and chocolate in a small bowl.
- Now Let the chocolate cool in the refrigerator for several hours before pouring it over the caramel.
- The Millionaires Shortbread should be removed from the baking tray. Cut the nonstick paper into 12-16 equal slices.
- Notes: If you have a thermometer, heat the caramel to 110C/230F. Add 1 teaspoon salt to normal caramel. For salted caramel, add 2-3 teaspoons. The Millionaires Shortbread should be kept in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.