mary berry petit fours
Basic ingredients for mary berry petit fours
- ICING INGREDIENTS: two cups powdered Sugar
- One and two tbsp milk or lemon juice (if you wish to make lemon petit fours)
- One and three drops of desired food coloring
- TIRAMISU PETIT FOURS INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, and melted chocolate for garnish
STRAWBERRY PETIT FOURS INGREDIENTS INGREDIENTS: You can either use 1/4 of it or make enough to make another recipe.
Use frozen strawberries for garnish (I get these at Trader Joe’s).
- NUTELLA PETIT OUR INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup amaretto
- 1/2-3/4 cups Nutella melted chocolate as garnish
- LEMON CUSTARD INGREDIENTS: I used approximately 1/4 of this recipe. It’s great for breakfast or another recipe.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 yolk
- 1 cup (200g), sugar
- 2/3 cup, 160mL lemon juice, FRESH 6TBSP (90g), butter, cubed zest from 1 medium lemon 10 vanilla wafers, finely cut
- Meringue: 2 eggs whites
- 1/2 cup,100g sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon (2.5g), cream of tartar
- 1/2 TSP (5mL) vanilla essence
How to make mary berry petit fours
- In a double boiler, combine your eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and lemon extract. Mix all ingredients for at least 15 minutes.
- The mixture will become too hot and will cause the eggs to cook unevenly. Once the mixture has thickened, heat it to 170F. Don’t worry if you don’t have a candy thermometer. When the liquid thickens, it is ready to be boiled.
- To get rid of any lumps, run your custard through the sieve. Next, whisk in the butter one cube at a time until the butter is incorporated into the custard. Next, add in your lemon zest. To prevent a layer of custard from forming, add some plastic wrap to the bowl. Allow chilling in the refrigerator for approximately one hour.