Orange Jaffa Cheesecake is a delicious cheesecake that features a buttery base and a rich chocolatey-orange cream-cheese filling. It’s topped with homemade orange jelly. This dessert is perfect for holidays and celebrations!
Basic ingredients for orange jaffa cheesecake
- Biscuit Base:8.8 oz digestive biscuits
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- Filling:4 gelatin sheets
- bowl of cold water
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cup (350 g) heavy cream
- 14.1 oz (400 g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (130 g) powdered sugar
- 7.4 oz (210 g) dark chocolate (65% cacao), melted
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Orange Jelly:3 gelatin sheets
- bowl of cold water
- 3 tbsp water
- 0.7 oz (20 g) sugar
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) orange juice
How to make orange jaffa cheesecake
- Place the biscuits in a bowl and pulse until you get crumbs. Blend in the melted butter and orange zest until all is well combined. If necessary, scrape the cookie mixture out of the bowl.
- Butter the bottom of a springform cake pan (8 to 20 cm). Use a spoon to press the mixture into a bottom of a springform saucepan. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator until you are ready to add the next layer. For 5-10 minutes, soak 4 gelatin sheets in warm water.
- Mix the heavy cream in a bowl. Mix in the cream cheese. Gradually, add powdered sugar.
- Mix in melted chocolate, orange zest, and apricot jam. Add orange juice. Mix in the gelatin sheets (prepared). Heat the water (4 Tbsp) over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. It should not be simmered or boiled.
- Mix a few tablespoons of the chocolate mixture with the dissolved gelatin. Mix well and then add the gelatin mixture to the chocolate mixture. Combine everything.
- Place halved orange slices along the edges of the pan. Place half the filling on top of the biscuit base. Place half of the filling between each orange slice and cover them with the rest. The second half of the filling should be poured.
- Refrigerate for an hour. Meanwhile, prepare orange jelly. For 5-10 minutes, soak 3 gelatin sheets in warm water. Stir the water and sugar together over low heat until they dissolve.
- Stir in gelatin sheets until gelatin is dissolved. It should not be simmered or boiled! Add orange juice. Let cool. Then, gently pour the chocolate-cream cheese mixture over it. Now Allow cooling for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.