mustard glazed ham
Basic ingredients for mustard glazed ham
- One 7- to 9-pound fully cooked spiral-cut ham
- One cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup grainy brown mustard
- two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- three medium oranges, zested and juiced
- Two cloves of garlic, grated Kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper
How to make mustard glazed ham
- First of all, Allow the ham to rest at room temperature for one hour before baking. This will ensure that it cooks evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bring to a gentle boil. Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Put a rack on a baking pan. Place the ham large-faced on the rack.
- The spiral cuts should be stacked on top. Spread half the glaze on the ham and get it between the slices. Place about 12 inches of water in the bottom of the roasting pan. The water should not touch the ham.
- Now Bake the ham for approximately 10 minutes per pound. Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Remove the foil from the oven. Turn the oven to 375°F.
- After this, the oven has reached temperature, cover the ham and bake for 15 min.
- Bake the ham for 15 more minutes, then brush the glaze on top. Transfer the ham onto a plate. Now Serve immediately or cover it with foil and bring it to your party!