fennel and potato gratin
Basic ingredients for fennel and potato gratin
- 1 1/2 pounds of russet potatoes
- 600g 1 small fennel bulb,
- 140g 1 medium onion,
- 150g 4 Oz or 1 1/2 Cups shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese,
- 113g 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon butter salt and 1 Tablespoon butter salt to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream,
- 250ml double cream
How to make fennel and potato gratin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Now Place the oven rack in the middle of your oven. Take out the bottom of the fennel bulb.
- Now Slice in half and then remove the core. These vegetables can be sliced with a mandolin, a food processor’s slicing disc, or a mandolin.
- After this, Slice all vegetables to a thickness of 1/8″ to 1/4″, or 3-4mm.
- Now Pour olive oil into a 10-inch skillet on medium heat. Next, add the butter, followed by the onion and fennel.
- After this, the vegetables are starting to saute, reduce the heat to low, and add salt to taste. Finally, cover the pan with a lid. Now Cook the vegetables for seven to eight minutes or until tender.
- The vegetables should not brown. Now The pan should be taken off the heat.
- Add the potatoes to the pan. Season them with salt. Mix the cream, 1 cup cheese, and the nutmeg. Mix the ingredients and remove any potato pieces that are stuck together. Check the seasoning by tasting.
- Now put the potato mixture in a butter-buttered, 20cm-long gratin dish.
- Add the 1/2 cup cheese remaining on top. Bake the casserole for an hour. Cover it with foil. Remove foil.
- After this, Return to the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the cheese has browned and the knife passes through the potatoes easily. Before serving, let the casserole rest for ten minutes. Enjoy! As the casserole bakes, its height will decrease. Enjoy this fennel and potato gratin.