lemon thyme chicken
Basic ingredients for lemon thyme chicken
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 skin-on, boneless chicken thighs (4 to 4 1/2 lbs)
- 2 pounds red potatoes (6 large), cut into 1-inch sections
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
How to make lemon thyme chicken
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, whisk together dry and wet ingredients like olive oil, salt, and pepper with the garlic. Now whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, and thyme.
- After this, Place the chicken, potatoes, and red onion on a sheet pan. Toss the olive oil mixture onto the sheet pan. Place the chicken skin-side down and place the pieces equally apart. Rotate the pan halfway through roasting the chicken on the middle oven rack.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the chicken registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer. Now Transfer to a platter, and garnish with the parsley. Sprinkle the chicken with the juices from the sheet pan.