Basic ingredients for jerk chicken
- Salt to taste
- 750g chicken on the bone, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon clove powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 large lemons
- 1 small onion,
- quartered 3-4 garlic bulbs
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 green chili
- 3-4 thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp olive
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oil Salad to Serve Lemon wedges
How to make jerk chicken
- In a bowl, place the chicken drumsticks. Make incisions. Add salt, crushed peppercorns, and allspice. Mix coriander powder with cumin powder, clove powder cinnamon, and clove powder together.
- Add 1 lemon to the mixture. Mix until well coated. After this, Leave to dry for at least 15 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and spring onions to a blender jar. Break the jar and add green chili. Add the remaining lemon juice and thyme sprigs. Blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Add the pasta to the chicken. After this, Rub the chicken with the soy sauce and 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C 5. Place the remaining oil in a nonstick grill pan and place the chicken drumsticks. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes.
- After this, Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer them to a plate.
- Serve with spring onion greens, salad, and lemon wedges.