spanish chicken and chorizo
This Spanish-style chicken thigh is made with chicken, chorizo, and fresh parsley. It gives you a great holiday feeling. It was served with chicken-flavored rice, but you could also serve it with fresh crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
Basic ingredients for spanish chicken and chorizo
- 8 boneless chicken legs
- 300g Chorizo roughly chopped
- 4 large onions peeled and then sliced 4 garlic cloves with seeds 2 chilies roughly chopped
- 2 capers
- 60g olives roughly chop 1x400g tomatoes
- 50g flat-leaf parsley
- 40ml olive oil
How to make spanish chicken and chorizo
- First of all, Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and half of the smoked paprika. After this, Heat olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken thighs skin-side down.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until golden brown. After this, turn the thighs over and cook for another 5 minutes. Place the thighs in a pan, and transfer to a plate. Use the same pan and cook the onions, chilies, and garlic for 3 minutes. Then add in the rest smoked paprika.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pan. After this, Cover the pan and let it simmer for between 20 and 25 minutes, or until the chicken thighs become tender. If the chicken is still cooking, rinse the rice with cold water and drain it through a strainer. Once the rice has boiled, add the chicken stock to a saucepan and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes. After this, Reduce this heat to medium and continue simmering for fifteen more minutes. Let the rice cook on the stove until it is ready to be served. Serve the rice in a bowl. Stir the parsley into the chicken, then place 2 thighs on top of the rice. Pour the chorizo sauce over the rice.