mary berry homemade chicken kiev
Basic ingredients for mary berry homemade chicken kiev
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon to 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves Additional salt if necessary
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs (There’s a Quick Tip in Betty’s Kitchen about How to Make Soft Breadcrumbs. I used peanut oil as a shallow fryer. For garnish, rosemary sprigs are available.
How to make mary berry homemade chicken kiev
- First of all, Combine 1/2 cup softened butter with 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, 1 or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper in a small bowl.
- Mix well. Make a stick out of the seasoned butter. Place in a freezer bag and freeze for 45 minutes or until firm. Place each breast on a cutting board. Wrap in plastic wrap. Flatten each breast to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the stick of seasoned butter into six equal pieces. The butter will not be as hard if it is completely frozen. In the middle of each pounded chicken breast, place 1 tablespoon of seasoned butter. The long sides of the chicken oven butter should be folded in half.
- Fold one end of the chicken oven butter over the butter and roll it up. Attach the other end using a toothpick. If necessary, secure any openings in the rolled chicken by using a toothpick. Dip each piece of rolled chicken in flour. Then, coat it with a beaten egg. Fry the chicken in hot oil at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes. To drain, transfer to a plate covered with paper towels. Transfer to a platter and immediately serve. This recipe is delicious!