slow cooker chicken recipe
Basic ingredients for slow cooker chicken recipe
- 5 lb. Small whole chicken
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 lemon (optional),
- 4 carrots peeled, halved
- 1 red onion
- peeled, quartered 1/2 teaspoon
- dried thyme salt 1/2 tsp
- paprika Garlic powder 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
How to make slow cooker chicken recipe
- First of all, Add the onion and carrots to the slow cooker. Take the chicken out of its packaging. Take out any packaging or extra pieces from the chicken’s interior. The chicken should be drained of any liquid.
- Place the chicken on top. Sprinkle the butter on top of the chicken. Now Slice the lemon in half, and rub the butter over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the seasonings evenly.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours. You will need to adjust this for every chicken, as they may vary in size. When the drumsticks begin pulling away from your breasts, and the juices run clear, you know that the chicken has finished cooking. A thermometer can help you determine if your chicken has reached its final stage. The safest temperature for chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit