duck breast with cherry sauce
Basic ingredients for duck breast with cherry sauce
- 1 large duck breast/ 2 smaller ones
- 1 Oz Chopped Garlic
- 1 Oz Chopped Red Onion Chopped fresh Thyme 15 Fresh Cherries Chop
- 1 Oz Olive Oil
- 1 Oz Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Oz Raspberry Vinegar
- 8 Oz Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp Honey
How to make duck breast with cherry sauce
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for one minute. Cook for an additional minute.
- Reduce the mixture by adding vinegar. Reduce the broth and honey to make the sauce thicker. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To allow the duck breast to dry, place it on a plate and in the fridge overnight.
- Score the skin side.
- Add about 2 Oz. to a cast-iron skillet. Place the duck breast skin-side down in the water. After this, Bring the water to boil by turning the flame up to medium-high. Let the water evaporate. Drain the oil from the breasts. This process can be repeated 2 more times.
- Turn the breasts over and cook to your desired temperature It takes me about five minutes to cook mine medium-rare. Now Let the breast rest for five minutes before you slice it with the incredible sour cherry sauce.