cranberry and apricot cake
It was my Grandmother who made it, then my aunt and me. Finally, I was allowed to make the family favorite. This Apricot Brandy Poundcake has been my favorite recipe for more than 25 years. Each Christmas is a special time for my family. It’s something I hope you will give a try, and it should be part of your Christmas Dessert Celebration.
Basic ingredients for cranberry and apricot cake
- 2 sticks of soft butter and three cups of sugar.
- Mix all ingredients. Mix well.
- Wet ingredients: 1 c sour cream
- 1/2 t rum flavoring
- One t orange extract
- 1/4 t almond extract
- 1/2 t lemon extract
- One t vanilla
- 1/2 c Apricot Brandy
How to make cranberry and apricot cake
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Mix till just combined. Put in a greased, floured pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 60-70 minutes. Bake 325 for 60 to 70 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Gently shake the sides, then tip it over on a cooling rack. For the big day, wrap well Enjoy!