mary berry cherry sponge cake
Basic ingredients for mary berry cherry sponge cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter or less
- 11/2 cups sugar or less
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Baking Powder (NOT 1 1/2 TABLESPOONS)
- 1 cup Carnation Milk (room temp) evaporated milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup Halved Glace Cherries
- 1 Cup roll in 1/4 cup flour before you add to the mixture
How to make mary berry cherry sponge cake
- Cream butter and sugar together. After this, Mix in eggs one at a time and mix until lightened.
- Add vanilla extract or almond extract. After this, Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients and creamed mixture. Don’t overmix. Then add room temperature milk slowly to the mixture.
- Add the cherries that have been coated in flour to the mixture. One 10″ springform pan, two loaf pans, or other pans are sufficient.
- Now Bake the cake in a 350°F oven for 45 to 1 hour, depending on your oven. If it comes out dry, close your oven door and let it cool for five minutes.
- Do not overbake your Cherrie cake. This will cause it to dry out.
- After removing the cake from the oven, now cool in the pan for about five to ten minutes before removing it from the pan.
- If the pan is stuck, you may have to use a knife to scrape it from the sides.