mary berry eggnog recipe
This homemade eggnog recipe is rich and creamy, rich and delicious, and very easy to make. It tastes better than store-bought. This is the perfect drink for Christmas and the holidays.
Basic ingredients for mary berry eggnog recipe
- 2 cups (480ml) Milk
- 1 cup (240ml) Heavy cream
- 6 Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (100g) Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Cognac/Whisky/bourbon/rum (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves
How to make mary berry eggnog recipe
- Mix sugar and egg yolks in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Combine milk, heavy cream, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Now Temper the eggs by gradually adding the hot milk to the eggs. Whisk constantly as you pour the hot milk mixture.
- The mixture should be returned to the saucepan. Over low heat, stir frequently with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the backside of the spoon. As it cools, it will thicken further.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and liquor. Now Strain the mixture using a fine-mesh strainer.
- Place the eggnog in a pitcher, bottle, or another container. Now Chill in the refrigerator until ready for use (minimum 2 hours).
- Once ready to serve, add ice cubes to a glass and sprinkle with grated nutmeg.