leek and blue cheese quiche
This is my favorite quiche: It’s gluten-free and soy-free, with delicious homemade cream cheese, leeks, and onions. Also, it comes with a gluten-free chickpea shortcrust that you will love!
Basic ingredients for leek and blue cheese quiche
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese (recipe down)
- 1 large leek, cut thinly
- 1 small onion, cut thinly A few red onions for garnishing
- Olive olive oil Lemon juice
- FOR THE GLUTEN-FREE SHORTCRUST PASTRY : 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- A pinch of turmeric
- A pinch of salt if needed 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to make leek and blue cheese quiche
- QUICHE Stir in the cream cheese. Next, add the remaining ingredients to the quiche. Continue stirring for 3 minutes. Reheat the mixture, then turn off the heat.
- GLUTEN-FREE SHORCRUST PASTRY: Combine all ingredients for the shortcrust pastry in a bowl. Blend well or use a fork to mash it. Now add a tablespoon of cornstarch to make your crust moister.
- Remember If your crust feels too dry, you can add another tablespoon of water or chickpea water.
- Assemble the Quiche: Use a pie dish measuring 25 cm (10 inches) with a removable bottom. Spread the quiche shortcrust pastry evenly over the pie dish.
- All surfaces and sides should be even. Use a knife to trim excess pastry.
- Now use a fork to pierce the pastry all around (sides included). Place the tray in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 200°C/ 390°F.
- Allow the shortcrust pastry to cool in the oven.
- Once it is cool, add the quiche filling and garnish it with red onions, leeks, and fresh sage leaves. Bake it again at 190degC/ 374degF for 20 more minutes. Now Take the quiche out of the oven and let it cool a little before removing it from the baking sheet.